1. Guitarzan by Ray Stevens - Really almost any song by Ray Stevens is funny. This one just paints a picture in my head of the silly jungle people each trying to steal the show!
2. Fish Heads from the crazy Dr. Demento. Now if you've read one of my earlier posts about my gurgling fish jugs you'll see my note song was this crazy song! My son as a teenager introduced me to the silly silly songs of Dr. Demento. This was one of those. There was even a little video of the animated fish head doing all the fun things listed in the song.
3. Do the Freddy sung by Freddie and the Dreamers. I guess I'm really dating myself here. But this was a silly little song and it had it's own crazy little dance sung by a crazy guy! Here are some of the embarrassing words: Hunch your shoulder, bulge your eyes, jump around and don't ask why - do the Freddy!
4. Spill The Wine sung by the Animals. Kinda wacky, makes no sense, but I like it! I really don't know what the song is about. Great flute work going on though. Maybe he was smoking some stuff! If you know, tell me!! Inquiring minds want to know these useless things! ;)
5. Hair sung by the Cowsills. Another silly little song, but it was great! I just have to sing a little bit for you:
She asks me why I'm just a hairy guy
I'm hairy noon and night My hair that's a fright
I'm hairy high and low
Don't ask me why 'cause he don't know
Don't know It's not for lack of bread
Like the Grateful Dead - Darling
Gimme head with hair Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, Streaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there mama
Everywhere daddy daddy Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it Long as God can grow it My hair
I'm so sorry, being the notesongtess that I am - I couldn't help myself!! ;)
Now here are the tag rules:
1. Post the link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others that you like and tell why.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post.
Now, wasn't that fun? Here are my taggettes:
Alex at www.urluckyitsme.blogspot.com/
Bridgette at www.bigeeesblog.blogspot.com/
Penny at www.lavenderhillstudio.blogspot.com/
Susie at www.rabbitruncottage.blogspot.com/
Bella at www.bella1104.blogspot.com/
Go to town girls!!